Tampering of Emission Controls and Countermeasures
The On-Board Diagnostics Symposium-Americas (OBD-Americas) is the industry’s relied upon resource – providing access to technology, standards, and regulatory information for automotive engineering geared at meeting CARB, EPA, and European Commission ground vehicle emissions regulations.
For more than 30 years, OBD-Americas has brought together leaders in powertrain diagnostics from the light and heavy-duty automotive industry and the commercial vehicle on- and off-road industry to discuss relevant and timely technical topics that directly influence ground vehicle emissions reduction efforts, including:
- Updates on current and proposed rulemaking directly from regulatory entities from around the world
- Strategies being employed to ensure powertrains meet current and upcoming global regulations in North America, Europe, and China
- The most up-to-date global standards development initiatives
- Upcoming industry trends
- Information on OBD systems development
- SAE standards associated with light- and heavy-duty emissions controls
Unlike competitive events, OBD-Americas focuses on meeting regulatory requirements as well as general diagnostics design implementations and provides a perspective on the direction of emissions controls technologies.
DIAS presented the latest findings on tampering approaches and anti-tampering countermeasures